Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Update!

Wow! What a week! I finally arrived back at home in Northern Virginia after living out of a hotel for a week and a half and then on Wednesday a big snowstorm hit the metro area. DC, Maryland and my neck of the woods got hammered with snow, thundersnow, and sleet. Mother Nature's trio nearly brought the surrounding aread to a complete halt. I had the pleasure (pun intended) of spending close to eight hours out in the madness of stalled traffic. But since I am a glass half full type of girl, I did stop to capture the "compelling" moments. First of all, everyone (and I do mean everyone) I cam in contact with, banded together to help each other. People were literally jumping out of their cars helping people who had ran out of gas from sitting in traffic for more than four hours. Two strangers even offered to dig me out of the parking lot I got stuck in. Talk about making lemons out of lemonade! Well, it's been super busy for me (more about that in the coming weeks) but on to my (akwardly late) assignments for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment